Part Time 0.60FTE, Fixed Term Commencing Term 1, 2018
Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking an Anglican Priest to join our vibrant community as our School Chaplain, and who will be responsible for the overall pastoral and spiritual care of the Campus community; students, staff, parents and the Old Grammarian Network.
- Lead and arrange worship services in a manner that fosters student involvement across the campus;
- Establish trusting and respectful relationships with students and parents that ultimately supports student wellbeing;
- Provision of pastoral care to the School community of staff, students, families and Old Grammarians;
- Providing counselling and support through stressful times;
- Conduct baptisms, weddings and funerals for the Old Grammarian network as appropriate.
To be successful, candidates are required to meet the following criteria to the satisfaction of the selection panel and the Principal:
- The Chaplain must be an Anglican priest and licensed by the Archbishop of Melbourne.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader of public worship and pastoral liturgy (marriage, baptism and funeral services).
- Possess highly developed public speaking, administrative and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated positive, proactive approach to student wellbeing, and the ability to develop constructive relationships with students,
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
• has zero tolerance for child abuse
• actively works to listen to and empower children
• has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and respond to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
• is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
• is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
For further information and to apply please view the link below to the MGGS Website