St Matthews Anglican, Prahran - Vicar
At St Matthew’s Prahran we want to, “experience, show and proclaim together the reality of God and His grace in Jesus to Prahran, and beyond”. We are searching for a new Vicar to lead the church in this vision.
Prahran is a vibrant, diverse, urban community just south of the Melbourne CBD. As a church we have a passion to care for the hurting in our neighbourhood, love the outsider, reach the lost, and empower one another for service. Suitable candidates will have a missional sensitivity and awareness for how to reach and love people in such a transient and urban context.
- Lead and grow the ministry at St Matthew’s Prahran
- Oversight of a small, but enthusiastic staff team
- Regular Sunday preaching and teaching
- Encourage and model pastoral care for one another
- Demonstrate generous, sacrificial hospitality
- Empower the church for everyday mission to Prahran and beyond
Key skills, gifts, character
- A love for Jesus, His church, and the lost
- Fulfil the character qualifications outlined in 1 Timothy 3:8-13
- Alignment with the current vision of St Matthew’s Prahran
- Developing leadership skills, with the ability to inspire people in the vision of the church
Applications close Monday 25 November.