Port Hedland Seafarers Centre - Chaplain/Head of Mission
Chaplain/Head of Mission
Port Hedland Seafarers Centre
Location: Port Hedland
The Anglican Diocese of North West Australia, Missions to Seafarers North West Australia Ltd and Port Hedland Seafarers Centre share a big vision - to bring the gospel to all the nations. The Centre provides spiritual and practical care to seafarers, some 30,000 of whom visit it each year.
You will lead the Centre teams and promote the gospel to seafarers. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee the chaplaincy and Centre operations to ensure delivery of quality programs and services through good management of resources. Reporting to you are the Port Hedland Operations Manager (who oversees the day-to-day operations) and Assistant Chaplain plus the Chaplain of every other Centre. For more information see http://www.phseafarers.org/
The wide ranging duties of this role require you to be passionate about helping seafarers, flexible, well organized, innovative and committed to faithful service.
The Centre in Port Hedland provides onshore recreation, counselling, communications, currency exchange and shopping facilities to 30,000 seafarers and 9,000 tourists each year. With 15 paid staff and a small team of volunteers, the business turns over several million dollars per year. The Centre is also a tourist attraction, running the Port Hedland Visitor Centre, launch tours of the harbour and bus tours of Fortescue Metals Group stockyard and ship-loading operations.
- An ordained Anglican Minister eligible to hold a Licence from the Diocesan Bishop.
- A degree in Theology from a recognised theological or Bible college.
- Demonstrated skills in evangelism, pastoral care, Bible teaching and chaplaincy
- Demonstrated outstanding level of communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated high level skills in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leadership, management and administration
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and experience in developing and maintaining relationships
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects
- An understanding of the aims and objectives of Mission to Seafarers
- An understanding of the aims and objectives of the Diocese
For more information about the role, contact Diocesan Registrar Khim Harris on 0433 033 174 or Bishop Gary Nelson on (08) 9921 7277.
Download a Job Application Pack here.