Dampier & Port Hedland Seafarers Centres - Assistant Chaplains
Dampier Seafarers Centre
Port Hedland Seafarers Centre
The Anglican Diocese of North West Australia and the West Pilbara Mission to Seafarers share a big vision:to bring the gospel to the nations. Thousands of seafarers from all nations visit the current Seafarers Centre at Dampier every year and thousands more are expected to visit the proposed new Seafarers Centre in Wickham. We provide spiritual and practical care to these seafarers when they visit the port of Dampier and Port Walcott.
You will be part of the Centre ministry team. Your primary responsibility will be to assist the Chaplain deliver the chaplaincy and ensure delivery of quality programs and services at the Centre. For more information , see http://dampierseafarers.org/
The wide-ranging duties of this role require you to be passionate about helping seafarers, flexible, well organized, innovative and committed to faithful service.
Seafarer centres provide onshore recreation, counselling, communications, currency exchange, food and shopping to thousands of seafarers each year.
- A Certificate in Theology (or higher) from a recognised theological or Bible college.
- Demonstrated skills in evangelism, pastoral care and Bible teaching.
- Demonstrated communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in administration.
- An understanding of the objects of Missions to Seafarers.
- An understanding of the aims and objectives of the Diocese.
- Eligible to hold a Licence from the Diocesan Bishop.
For more information about the role, contact Bishop Gary Nelson on (08) 9921 7277 or Registrar Khim Harris on 0433 033 174.