St George's Anglican Church, Carnarvon - Minister in Charge
Minister in Charge
St George’s Anglican Church, Carnarvon
The Anglican Diocese of North West Australia has a big vision - to bring the gospel to the nations. We are seeking a Minister in Charge who will lead God’s people doing this in Carnarvon.
You will lead the parish of St George’s, with the primary responsibility of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, raising faithful disciples and caring for the people in the parish.
The wide-ranging functions of this office requires you to be passionate about the spread of the gospel; flexible; well organised; good at setting boundaries for yourself and others; and willing to be a faithful servant.
Carnarvon (pop 4400) is a coastal town approximately 900 kilometres north of Perth, Western Australia. It is located at the mouth of the Gascoyne River, the source of water for its world-famous banana industry. The popular Shark Bay World Heritage Site lies to its south while the Ningaloo Reef World Heritage Site lies to the north.
As a regional centre, Carnarvon has health, education, community and sporting facilities to support families. There is a long-standing arrangement for the Minister-in-Charge of St George’s Carnarvon to serve as a Chaplain in one of the local schools.
- An ordained Anglican Minister eligible to hold a Licence from the Diocesan Bishop.
- A degree in Theology from a recognised theological or Bible college.
- At least two years experience working in a church ministry setting.
- Demonstrated communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated preaching and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated pastoral care skills.
- Demonstrated evangelism skills.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and collaboration.
For more information about the role, contact Bishop Gary Nelson on (08) 9921 7277 or Registrar Khim Harris on 0433 033 174.
Download a Job Application Pack here