St James Anglican Church, Kununurra - Assistant Minister Youth and Children
Assistant Minister Youth and Children
St James Anglican Church, Kununurra, Western Australia
The Anglican Diocese of North West Australia has a big vision - to bring the gospel to the nations. We are seeking an Assistant Minister who will help lead God’s people doing this in Kununurra.
You will assist the Minister-in-Charge of the parish ministry team, with the responsibility of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, raising faithful disciples and caring for the people in the parish. Your focus will be to help children and young people mature in their faith in Jesus Christ.
The wide-ranging functions of this office require you to be passionate about the spread of the gospel; flexible; well organised; good at setting boundaries for yourself and others; and willing to be a faithful servant.
Kununurra is a town of 5300 in Western Australia, 3000km north of Perth. It offers a relaxed lifestyle which is popular with young people and young families. It’s a diverse population, with about one-quarter of residents Indigenous. The challenge of the parish is to help people find their meaning for existence in a relationship with the sovereign God who gave up his son to secure their salvation.
- An ordained Anglican Minister or eligible to be ordained and hold a Licence from the Diocesan Bishop.
- A degree in Theology from a recognised theological or Bible college.
- Experience working in a church ministry setting.
- Demonstrated communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated preaching and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated pastoral care skills.
- Demonstrated evangelism skills.
- Demonstrated administration skills.
- An understanding of the aims and objectives of the Diocese.
Download a Job Application Pack here
For more information about the role, contact Bishop Gary Nelson on (08) 9921 7277 or Registrar Khim Harris on 0433 033 174.