The King's School - Community Chaplain
Employment Type:FP - Full-Time Permanent
Department:Office of the Headmaster
Supporting Documentation: Position Description
• Permanent Full Time
• Join our vibrant and creative Chaplaincy team
• Play an integral role in upholding our Christian heritage and values and promoting our School’s mission
ABOUT THE ROLE
The King’s School is seeking a Community Chaplain to promote the Christian Community of the School while providing guidance and pastoral support to students, staff, families and Alumni.
This role will contribute to the leadership, equipping, and enthusing of creative and inspirational ministry teams who ensure that King’s remains true to its mission as a Christian Community.
Please note, this is a permanent full time opportunity commencing at The King's School in North Parramatta.
The School values humility, honesty, respect, responsibility, integrity, compassion and excellence. As such, we see the importance of recruiting people aligned with these values.
To be successful for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate how you meet the following:
• Positive track record in parish ministry and holistic church growth
• A history of mentoring, coaching, equipping and supporting church members in their current or past ministries
• Other sector ministry or chaplaincy, especially School chaplaincy, is highly desirable
• Productive and extensive engagement with a broad multicultural, multi-religious, and multi-ethnic demographic
• A proven ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with all generations
• A demonstrated capacity to understand, respect, and minister with and to School Community members who belong to a range of Christian traditions, practices, and experiences
• Bachelor of Theology at minimum; a Master of Divinity or higher is desirable
• Master of Teaching or Diploma of Education highly desirable
• Ordained Deacon in the Anglican Church, preferably an Anglican Presbyter/Priest
The King’s School, Australia's oldest independent school, is a Christian community that seeks to make an outstanding impact for the good of society. The staff at King's are supportive and enthusiastic professionals, who respect the Christian ethos of the School and contribute in a way that balances the needs of the School and the staff's unique talents and interests. Our team is focused on developing Global Thought Leaders through developing Academic Excellence with Character Development in the context of Christian Community.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief cover letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses:
a) the reason for your interest
b) how your skills and experience suit the role
To access the position description and/or to find out more information about the role please visit the King’s careers page.
The King's School has a zero-tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, the wellbeing of children and protecting children from abuse. To ensure the safeguarding of our students, all employees must have a current Employee Working with Children Check before commencing work. In addition, included throughout the recruitment process are checks of suitability for employment with children.
Applications close Friday 18 June 2021 at 4.00pm.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alexandra Raj on 02 9683 8445.